INNOG COMMUNITY CODE OF CONDUCT
The Indian Network Operators Group (INNOG) is a community of individuals who work in ISPs, Content Providers, or other areas of the Internet Industry in India and across the world. INNOG is committed to organizing conferences, trainings, workshops, and social events that are welcoming and safe for all participants, free from discrimination, bullying and harassment, and a venue where all participants are treated with dignity and respect.
This Code of Conduct explains expectations for anyone participating in these events, including delegates, guests, speakers, sponsors, and all others involved. It applies to physical and online events.
We invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other participants to help us realise a safe and positive conference experience for all. It is expected that participants always behave properly and positively, showing respect and courtesy to others wherever possible and ensuring a safe and inclusive environment.
We hope that all participants feel welcome and comfortable to participate fully, therefore we are committed to providing an environment free of unacceptable behaviours.
Participants at INNOG events should:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Participate in events in an authentic and meaningful way,
- Be mindful of their surroundings and of their fellow participants.
- Alert event organizers or the INNOG Organizing Committee (OC) or the INNOG Program Committee (PC) Chairs, if they notice unacceptable behaviour.
Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated whether by participants, event organizers, venue staff, suppliers, sponsors, or any other stakeholders of INNOG events.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour will be expected to comply immediately. Should the INNOG OC consider it appropriate, measures they may take include:
- the individual may be told to apologise.
- the individual may be told to stop their behaviour appropriately.
- the individual may be warned that enforcement action could be taken if the behaviour continues.
- the individual may be asked to immediately leave the venue and/or will be prohibited from continuing to attend the event.
- the incident may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- the conduct may be reported to the individual’s employer.
- the person concerned may be barred from attending future events and mailing lists.
If an individual engages in unacceptable behaviour, the INNOG OC may take lawful action that they deem appropriate, including asking the individual to stop or removing the individual from the event without refund of registration and/or other applicable fees.
A person who is removed will not be permitted to give any planned oral or electronic presentations, and their place may be allocated to another attendee.
INNOG may take appropriate corrective action, which could include imposing a temporary or permanent ban on an individual’s participation in future INNOG events